Wednesday 27 March 2013

The walk to Porto Venere

After a more relaxed day yesterday we set off this morning at 9 with Maurizio,mour host and two other guests who are from Austria to walk to Porto Venere. Maurizio drove us part of the way and we then walked for 4 hours through pine forests and along rocky paths with stunning views to both the Gulf of La Specia and the Ligurian Sea. Once again it took me to the limits of my fitness. My legs felt like jelly by the time we walked down, down, down the hill into Porte Venere. By then the sun was shining on the water looking over to La Specia. Maurizio arrived to take us back to Manarola to watch the sun go down over another perfect day.














1 comment:

  1. WOW ! What stunning views and looks like perfect weather. A couple of pics were a little dark so hard to see, or maybe my old eyes arent what they used to be.

    Dont over do it and kill yourself with all that walking my special one.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment on my blog. I would love to hear from you.